Friday, May 15, 2009

Memories during National Service

Though I did not like the life during NS in KSP, somehow I, perhaps all of us had a lot of memories during that period. I could say it was miserable at most of the time, where I always showed through my sour face. Undeniably, my face was always dull with no smile unless there was matter really exciting me. Since the day I returned home, I almost rust at home. Thinking to do some beneficial works but failed. Sitting in front my desktop waste my whole day time. Blogging, viewing photos, checking scholarships' status, wandering in forum, playing games, checking mail and non for the rest.

Flash back to the life in KSP, I hated it a lot but it was actually fun if I knew the way to enjoy it. Unfortunately, I was not the style, I didn't like the indoor activities. I didn't think they really bring out the main point and some of them were really boring. And I didn't like group's games with involvement of all members. I didn't really like to communicate with some of the members as I'm sort of eccentric and unsociable person but it is only meant to some people. I seem to be very unfriendly from appearance. I remembered that a Malay girl called me when I pass through aisle of dorm. She asked me whether I could smile and she asked me to smile to her. Sweat =.= After some times, Ah Foong told me that I gave her an unfreindly expression during our first meet. She said I dislike to talk and always watching people. Perhaps, my look seems to be very fierce. Somehow, it was fine after all. You will be fun if you really know me and close to me, but it takes time. Sorry about that. I have my own principles, where things I don't like means I don't like and please do not provoke me. Maybe of my serious appearance, there wasn't anyone disturb me. I mean disturbance like touching. Yeah, I don't like strangers (people not very close with me) touch me. My personalities still maintain, perhaps cant be changed.

Let's talk about the routine in camp. Firstly, it didn't give me an image of training camp, instead an enjoying camp, sort of holiday camp. It was fine in overall. But I disliked to wake up so early at dawn (5.30 am) everyday. Activities every day started off with exercise at 6.30 am for an hour. After breakfast, we would have our class at 9.00 am (for CB initially) and 8.30 am (for KN). Break would be at 10.30 am untill 11.00 am. After short break, the class was continued for an hour. 12.00 pm lunch time started. We had our free time from 12.oo pm to 2.30 pm. Noon's activity started at 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm. Activity in the afternoon was varied and, such as marching, briefings, talks and others. After that, we rested for an hour and assembled for recreation at 5.30 pm. Recreation time was free time for us. We could do what we like, maybe jogging, playing football, basketball, valley ball, practising Taekwondo and marching. As for me, I didn't take part in any one of them. I always sat in the shed and chatted with friends. Recreation time ended at 6.30 pm. From 6.30 pm, it would be free time. We had our dinner, bath, and own management during that period, until 10.00 pm which was roll call. For muslim, of course they had their religious activities. Roll call, so-called people counting activity, I hated it a lot. Sometimes it ended very fast but sometimes it took very long time. I often felt vex and impatient during roll call as the people talked and coughed all the time. They could not stand quietly for short moment. We had our sleeping time after that of course.

Outdoor activities were gratifying me before I went in. Somehow, I was a bit disappointed. The best flying fox and M16 have not been caaried out until I went out. Marching, as for me, was a nice activity too. But I was unsatisfied with that as most of my team members did not know about marching. It did not matter, teacher taught us. Somehow, they could not learn properly and I lost my interest to march with them. We had only done our halang komander, which was not really what I looked forward to. I experienced it in others camp during secondary school.

I could only say that 45 days for National Service was a bit wasted. I do not think I enjoy it. I forced to be stay at there and lasted for 45 days to be considered completing the program. I lost the golden opportunity to hold a M16 gun. Only this is very regrettable. Of course, I knew quite a number of new friends there and the words " a friend in need is a friend indeed" could really be shown. I will remember the memory, as not I like NS a lot, I'm not! Perhaps can be said like this, I like the activities but not the life. And lastly, I'm a bit pround of KSP as it is not poor and it is really a good camp in comparison. KSP, so-called the five star camp. KSP rocks ~~!

p/s: you are able to view my photos in my facebook. :)

2 comments:

Sam Mei Mei said...

Gor gor actually very funny geh.And gor gor knows how to smile when see TYX...

Lin Lee said...

u pls shut up~ 沈妹妹!
cushion sam!


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com