Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One day tour to Faculty of Art & Design in UiTM main campus

It was Thursday, which the art lesson's day. We were not having lesson in class, but visited the faculty of art and design in the main campus. After having lunch, we took campus bus to main campus. The main campus is damn huge. We did not know the direction, did not know where to go. 20 of us were confused. Well, we just walked down to the building written with Faculty of Art and Design. It should be the destination we headed to. Walked for a far distance through stair cases. Hot and tiring with our heavy bags and books. Justin called up Doctor Sab to ask where should we go. Then, we walked back again, and walked through some more stair cases. OMG, I was extremely tired. My bag was heavy, not me, all of us I guessed. Finally, reached the hall where the exhibition was half prepared. Nevertheless, we still visited. Awesome art work was exhibited. Varieties of them, there were textiles, paintings, fashion design, structure design, printing and others. Of course, I was full with excitement. You know right, I'm also eager to see those artistic works. We've told the information and techniques of art works all the way. I took a lot of photos too~ This was only the gallery with exhibition.

Next, we went to printing room. Saw machines and all the tools. Visited exposure room, dark room and saw the self-made papers. Erm, if not mistaken, the person who explained all the way to us is the lecturer in UiTM. He told us the process of printing, from transferring image with stencils to the emulsified silk net in exposure room and then how to print it to produce a picture. Somehow, I was not clear about the whole process with explanations but not demonstration. We went to workshop, fine art's workshop. Fulled with machines and equipments. There were a lot of art works made by woods, glasses, metals and so on. It was awesome! Many paintings too. They were all drawn nicely by the students. I wished to study art and design again. I felt regret doing architecture at the moment. I guess I still prefer art and design. Yeah, it will be a lot of hardship when studying art and design. But I love it! Did not know why, I was feeling a great force to push me back to art and design. I miss TOA very much. Sigh~

Well...well, back to the topic. We saw 3D structure done by final year students. They were really huge structure, which needed a lot of space as well as time to be completed. At last, we met a lecturer, who is also an artist. He talked to us, about his story and life. I found that what he said were true. He is interested in art. Oh ya, he is doing fine art. Just the interest pushed him to study and pushes him to work with art. I hope to do so... perhaps I feel hard to overcome the obstacles in study. Oh gosh, physics, core maths, statistics, mechanics, further maths, ethnics, art and design. All come together drive me crazy! At and design used up most of my time. I wish I could use my time only in art and design. I wish to pay all attention on it. I think I still like it, I still love art and design rather than architecture. But what to do?

Photos coming soon...

0 comments:


Blogspot Template by Isnaini Dot Com